- What is jouz?
- jouz is a tobacco heating system designed for adult tobacco consumers. The technology is based on heating the tobacco, rather than burning it. jouz works with readily available 7.5mm x 45mm heat-not-burn tobacco sticks that are compatible with heating blade systems.
- How does jouz work?
To use jouz, adult tobacco consumers should:
● Insert a heat-not-burn tobacco stick into the cap.
● Press and hold the button until a single LED flashes and vibration is felt. After 20 seconds, all 3 lights will turn solid and jouz will vibrate to indicate the preheat is complete.
● After the preheat is finished, jouz is ready to use and will heat a heat-not-burn tobacco stick for 5.5 minutes or 14 puffs. After which, the jouz tobacco heater will turn off automatically.
The heating may be stopped at any point by pressing and holding down the button for 2 seconds.
- How do you clean jouz?
- Ensure jouz has been allowed to cool for a minimum of 5 minutes before cleaning. Always remove the cap before cleaning. Clean the inside of the heating chamber using the cleaning brush provided. Sometimes a part of a heat-not-burn tobacco stick will remain stuck in the cap. To remove it, pull out the cleaning hook from the cleaning brush. Insert the cleaning hook into the cap, then clean using a twisting, up-and-down motion. For best results, clean thoroughly with cleaning sticks coated with cleaning solution.
- What is the difference between jouz and conventional cigarettes?
- Heating heat-not-burn tobacco sticks with jouz is a new way to consume tobacco. jouz generates a vapour from heating the tobacco, while conventional cigarettes generate smoke by burning the tobacco.
- Is the taste different than a conventional cigarette?
- Unlike cigarettes, jouz does not burn tobacco, it heats it. This produces the tobacco flavor without the lingering smell.
- Does jouz work with conventional cigarettes?
- No. jouz is designed to be used with heat-not-burn tobacco sticks only.
- Do I use jouz the same way as I smoke?
- Hold jouz with inserted heat-not-burn tobacco stick to your lips and inhale gently, like a regular cigarette. Each session lasts for 5.5 minutes or 14 puffs.
- Is it similar to an e-cigarette or vape device? What are the differences?
- jouz is a tobacco heating system. jouz uses real tobacco and is designed to be used with readily available heat-not-burn tobacco sticks. Heat-not-burn tobacco sticks are heated and generate vapor. An e-cigarette typically does not contain tobacco and uses a flavoured liquid (with or without nicotine) that, when heated in the device, generates a vapour.
- Is there a manufacturer’s warranty on jouz?
- At jouz, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with a 12-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
- [jouz 20 & jouz 20s] Does jouz need charging? How long does jouz last from a single charge? How often does it need to be charged?
- Yes, it needs to be charged with a USB cable (provided with the purchase of jouz). Press down the back cover to expose the USB charging port. Insert the USB cable into the USB charging port and connect with a computer’s USB port or a USB plug. The LED indicators on the function button will indicate the charging status. It takes 2-3 hours to fully charge the battery, which will provide up to 20 sessions. To check the battery status press and release the function button on the front of jouz.
- Is there any ash?
- Because the heat-not-burn tobacco sticks are not burned, no ash is produced.
- Where should I dispose of the heat-not-burn tobacco sticks?
- Bin or ashtray.